Welcome to historic Swann-Daingerfield House, and a hard to find 1,690 square foot condo with interesting architectural details throughout. Steeped in American history and located in a prime Old Town Alexandria location, this boutique condominium offers so many special features. High ceilings enhance the residences spacious rooms and create a light and airy atmosphere. Two wood burning fireplaces warm both the living room and dining room and make for cozy winter evenings. A second bedroom located off the living area is perfect for a den/home office that can double as a guest room. A fun balcony off the kitchen over looks rooftops and the private garden below and is reminiscent of European lifestyles. The master suite has plenty of room for a king size bed and a sitting area. An elevator, separate storage of 140 square feet and assigned parking space are included. All your must-haves in one perfectly lovely residence! The building is listed as a Historic Landmark by the Virginia Board of Historic Resources and the National Trust for Historic Places under the US Dept. of the Interior. Originally built in the Federal style in 1800 for Thomas Swann, a U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, the Swann-Daingerfield House was the residence of three generations of the Daingerfield family, notable Alexandrian residents who remodeled it into its current Second Empire architectural style. From 1899 until 1941, the house served as the locus of St. Mary's Academy, a private Catholic secondary school for girls founded by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, an order established in Alexandria in 1869. During their tenure, the Sisters expanded the house with two large Second Empire-style annexes. In 1943, the Alexandria Hospital School of Nursing purchased the building and converted it into a dormitory for nurses in training, a role it served until 1973. It was then converted into condominiums and has been a private residences for over 50 years.